12.30.2008

Chicken and Bow Ties

Tonight, I tried a recipe from an old church cookbook and my family LOVED it! My six-year-old daughter said "This is the best dinner ever...it's even better that hot dogs!" which is a HUGE compliment coming from her! My four-year-old daughter (who is difficult to please) said, "I LOVE this dinner! We should save some for lunch..." (She is requesting leftovers?!?)

After receiving these rave reviews, I decided to share:

4 ounces bow tie pasta
2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes
1/2 pound boneless chicken, cut into strips
1 onion, chopped
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 cup Romano or Parmesan cheese (I used Parmesan, but I think Romano would be better)

Cook pasta, drain, set aside. Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid. In a large skillet, add reserved liquid and boil 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, chicken, onion, mushrooms, garlic and rosemary. Cook 6 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally. Toss with pasta and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment