1.24.2009

Bourbon Chicken (NO Bourbon used!)

I'm not sure why its called bourbon chicken but this recipe is alcohol free! I will usually add some kind of stir fry veggies to this. I also cut the red pepper flakes to 1/4 teaspoon for the wimps in my house (as you can tell, I'm not one of them!) This is a fast and easy dish. I usually double the sauce and then thicken it with cornstarch. But its yummy either way.

Ingredients

2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1-2 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/4 teaspoon ginger
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce

Directions
1 Heat oil in a large skillet.
2 Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.***I just boil my chicken and then cut it up with kitchen shears. Its much easier that way!***
3 Remove chicken.
4 Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
5 Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
6 Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
7 Serve over hot rice and ENJOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment